Did you know 16 June is “Bloomsday” - a celebration of Irish writer James Joyce’s famous novel Ulysses, set on this day in 1904.
Why did he choose this date for the setting of his story? It was the day of the first date with his future wife Nora Barnacle.
And here they are on the England & Wales, Marriage Index in 1931. Happy Bloomsday!
- donbearsdown likes this
- wearing-socks-on-my-hands reblogged this from joyceansreadjoyce
- psychedelicfeminist reblogged this from joyceansreadjoyce
- psychedelicfeminist likes this
- the-bootysattva reblogged this from joyceansreadjoyce
- joyceansreadjoyce reblogged this from ancestry-stickynotes-au
- bayamontate reblogged this from ancestry-stickynotes-au
- joyceansreadjoyce likes this
- ancestry-stickynotes-au posted this